If you have significant new home warranty customer service, repairs and maintenance, and single family home remodeling experience, we want to talk to you. We are seeking an experienced Homecare Specialist-Plumber to help maintain our portfolio of single family homes.
Based in Oakland, CA, Waypoint Homes is Reinventing Renting™ by providing quality homes, great customer service, and rewarding leases that offer valuable benefits to our residents, including a path to home-ownership for those who seek it. Our company is built on a foundation of respect - for our residents, our communities, and our stakeholders. A leader in this emerging industry of single family rental since its founding in 2008, Waypoint currently owns and manages more than 3,500 homes in five states and is rapidly expanding nationwide. Our vision is to be recognized as the leading brand in the emerging single family rental industry. We run our business using a sophisticated proprietary technology system that lets us bring apartment best practices to the management of single family homes. We’re proud of having created a next-generation real estate company with an innovative business model to help address the lack of liquidity contributing to the prolonged U.S. housing crisis, and we believe that our solution is making a positive impact for all involved stakeholders – residents, investors and the communities we are revitalizing.
The successful candidate will join our Homecare Specialist team to help Waypoint Homes maintain and repair homes throughout a 50-100 miles radius in its growing portfolio of homes. You will be responsible for delivering responsive and prompt customer service providing residents with regular updates on completion status on open items.
Skills & Certifications considered a plus
- 5-10 year professional experience in the residential, single-family construction industry
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to qualify for company auto insurance
- Must have own tools.
- 3-5 years remodeling & Home Rehabilitation experience
- Extensive maintenance/construction knowledge
- Cost conscious & aware of budget restrictions
- Sound problem solving skills
- Strong judgment and swift decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy, attention and follow-through to detail is required
- Remediation Certified
- HVAC Certified
- EPA Certified
- CPO Certification preferred (SoCal and Arizona)
- Deliver responsive and prompt customer service
- Provide Homecare Experts with regular updates on completion status on open items
- Collaborate closely with the Homecare Experts on repairs and maintenance items in the Northern California region
- Complete all necessary repairs on single-family homes throughout a single region, visiting multiple houses in a single work day