Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Information Management Developer located in Houston, TX through February 22, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: Team member of 5 delivering the implementation, organization and navigation strategies for Chevron Gas & Midstream to improve the productivity of people to find, access, use, categorize, and manage information more successfully.
Collaborate with Information Management Business Analysts and business partners to gather, analyze and validate business requirements and data sources for the deployment of collaboration, document management and business solutions on Global SharePoint Service and other enterprise platforms such as Documentum.
• Build and deploy sustainable solutions using Chevron Gas & Midstream approved designs, templates, workflows, security models and approved software development tools following good design and coding practices.
• Support modifications to deployed solutions through robust change management processes, consulting with Information Management Architects and Information Management Business Analysts.
• Maintain all information management process, site design and build documentation and records, including all source codes and custom web parts, in approved repositories.
• Provide training to business users either in classrooms or individually on information management best practices and use of SharePoint and other information management solutions.
• Partner with Information Management Business Analysts and Information Stewards to deploy Chevron Gas & Midstream taxonomy within the design and build of SharePoint and other information management solutions.
• Partner with Information Management Architects and Information Management Business Analysts to develop, deploy and refresh robust test scripts and usability test scenarios to ensure information management solutions meets business requirements and are easy to use, scalable and re-usable.
• Ensure all custom web parts and codes follow good coding practices and are subject to peer reviews.
• Provide input into business requests for new information management capabilities and requests for changes to business solutions.
• Liaise with ITC SharePoint Center of Excellence for resource needs and to share design best practices, templates and training curricula.
• Liaise with ITC Content Management on upgrades and changes to enterprise platforms that could impact Chevron Gas & Midstream solutions.
• Participate actively in forums such as Information Management Community of Practice and DevNet to share learnings and collaborate on new capabilities and ideas.
Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills - able to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing
Ability to forge good team work within own team and with other teams from and outside of Chevron Gas & Midstream.
Good listening skills – able to understand requirements, views and concerns of business partners and IT colleagues.
Good knowledge of information management processes, practices and tools, including taxonomy.
Subject matter expert on industry information management principles and practices including policies and standards, retention, document management life cycle, active and inactive records management, metadata tagging and copyright compliance.
Technical knowledge of content management platforms, tools and capabilities.
Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into effective design, build and deploy plans and processes.
Ability to explain and demonstrate the information management capabilities of business solutions in business terms to business people.
Solid grasp of CPDEP and the fundamentals of project management and change management.
Overall understanding of Operational Excellence.
Bachelor's Degree in MIS, CS, Information Systems, Information Technology.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Technical experience with Microsoft SharePoint administration or Documentum docbase.
Industry Certifications and related course work in information management.
Experience in project management or in working on medium to large projects.
Experience working with Trading and Risk Management functions:
• Experience with Supply Chain Management
• Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
• Usability methods and practices.
Relocation will not be considered. *LI-JM1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron - 2 years ago
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We...