The intern will support Global Public Affairs (PA) as it prepares for the launch of Tecfidera in different international markets, working with the global PA team to develop materials, media lists and action plans that can be used across the world. The intern would gain significant exposure to PR activities surrounding a potential blockbuster drug that may help thousands of patients. Daily tasks include managing documents, monitoring the media, drafting PR materials as appropriate and overall support of the public affairs team. The intern will work with the senior manager, PA and PA lead for Tecfidera at Biogen Idec and would learn how to manage communications strategy, how to work on an in-house PR team, how to manage the media, how the newscycle works and how to work closely on a fast-paced team. |
To participate in Biogen Idec's Intern/Co-op Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be legally authorized to work in the US
• Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, and returning to your academic program following your intern/co-op assignment
• A minimum grade-point average of 3.2 preferred
• Be at least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
• Have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in public relations, science or communications. The candidate must be a clear and concise communicator (verbally and written). Experience in a corporate environment preferred.
Biogen Idec - 19 months ago
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...