If you are really hot with Java on Linux and a true self-starter, then this is for you.
We are looking for a versatile Linux / Java person who can work close to the hardware in a near real-time application using Java. Our application works with Ethernet and RS-232 devices to collect data, classify passing objects, and stores the results into databases.
- Strong Java (1.6) development experience required including JNI
- At home working in Linux (Fedora 14) & bash scripting
- Interfacing to hardware devices (serial / RS-232)
- Strong Java web services, Tomcat, Apache experience
- Spring and Hibernate frameworks and Java RMI
- Socket interfaces, multi-threading
Desirable and relevant:
- HSQLDB HyperSQL and MySQL experience
- Basic JDBC and SQL familiarity
- Eclipse, source control, ant, Doxygen a plus
- C programming experience a plus
- Windows programming experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ideally, you simply know everything about Linux and Java!
Location: Kingston, NY
Knapp Consultants, Inc. - 22 months ago