The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for achieving inside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the customers buying experience.
- Obtains orders by answering phone calls, verifying and entering items, shepherding orders to fulfillment, explaining stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checking customers buying history.
- Opens customer accounts by obtaining customer agreement and collecting customer information.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales and national accounts.
- Keeps up-to-date with new products.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of processes.
- Prepares, generates and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of order.
- Prepares project quotes for lighting and gear opportunities.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items, specifically items that may be at risk in meeting the customers promised delivery date.
- Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated customer expediting report/notices, and customer notification, as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Upload various documents into customer web-linked systems.
- Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts while interpreting complex information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence others and prepare for emerging customer needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
High School Degree or Equivalent
- Two years inside sales in electrical distribution.
- Phone sales or business development with proven track record of achieving revenue goals is preferred
CareerBuilder - 5 months ago