Jr. Business Process Consultant/Developer
SQL, HTML, CSS, Java Script, .NET and /or JAVA, Process Modeling, Requirements Gathering and Analysis
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN**
About the Position: Horizon Industries is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Jr. Business Process Consultant/Developer for our headquarters location in Vienna, VA.
Responsibilities: The Junior Developer will be responsible for software integration, customization, and support of a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software product. You will be required to attend training as needed and support all project activities in relation to this product. In addition, you might be required to:
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be someone who has a technical background and experience with programming and developing. Though not required, it is preferred to have some of the following experience:
- Prepare software requirements specifications and prototypes for translation into structured application programs.
- Configure, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components on development projects as assigned.
- Support the development of technical maintenance and support manuals.
- Analyze, debug and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Assist database administrators, data stewards, quality assurance team, system engineers, network engineers and other staff in ways to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
- Assist project manager in estimating durations for tasks, deliverables and activities.
- Adhere to organizational policies, standards and best practices in application development, documentation, and maintenance that support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) following iterative development approach (Rational Unified Process (RUP)).
- Provide technical expertise and actively participate in creating systems development, software, hardware, and application development standards, procedures and policies
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years* experience in requirements gathering, requirements analysis, business process analysis, object-oriented analysis and data modeling.
- 1+ years* experience in SQL, HTML, CSS, and Java Script.
- 1+ years* experience in all phases of application system analysis, data modeling, and application development and application maintenance support.
- 1+ years* experience of hands-on object-oriented language development using .NET and /or JAVA.
- 1+ years* experience designing, developing and implementing web portals using collaborative technologies.
- Experience performing SQL Server DBA activities highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Documented customer liaison responsibilities desired.
- Knowledge of UML and object-oriented design.
- Database development skills and familiarity with web-to-database connectivity.
- Previous experience with Developing BPM Applications, such as Appian, WebMethods,and/or Pegasystems preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor*s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 0-2 Years Work Experience, preferably with a Government Consulting Firm
Horizon Industries is a dynamic small technology consulting business based in Vienna, Virginia. We were founded in November 1996 and have...