Darigold is seeking a motivated Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor to be a part of Darigold’s Caldwell Idaho team. The Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor must posses the desire and ability to supervise all plant sanitation processes and supervise lab personnel. As a member of the Caldwell team the Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor will be a partner in the Operations Division. The Quality Assurance Lab Supervisor’s role is to oversee all Quality Assurance Lab daily operations and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities ( other duties may be assigned ):
- Supervise Quality Assurance Lab daily operations
- Perform tests on finished product, documenting results and LIMS entry
- Oversee tracking, trending, and reporting of key quality measures
- Develop and maintain a formal Lab Technician Qualification system.
- Develop LSOPs and insure they are followed.
- Monitor quality on a daily basis to insure it meets Darigold standards.
- Monitor quality data and report/summarize for staff.
- Maintain quality reporting including weekly, monthly and yearly trends.
- Develop lab audit process and audit technicians regularly.
- Monitor all points of quality data collection to insure data is accurate and timely.
- Act as in-house authority for all lab tests, equipment and devices
- Purchase, receive and inventory lab supplies and cultures.
- Become proficient in using microbiological techniques and tools to solve quality problems in the plant.
- Oversee and document all plant calibration/verification programs (thermometer, scale, instrumentation)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to facilitate implementation of corporate quality systems in a positive and proactive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others, as well as the ability to operate independently as required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Must have 1+ years of experience in Dairy or Food Quality assurance with preference given to those with a B.S. Degree in Food/Dairy Science/Microbiology or an associated discipline.
We offer our employees a team oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including a top-notch 401k savings plan and education assistance program.
Darigold is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.
Darigold participates in E-Verify. Detail in English and Spanish . Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish .
Darigold, Inc. - 17 months ago