For more information about TIAA-CREF, visit our website < https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref >.
Leads integrated team in strengthening the company's overall relationship with key decision makers and/or gatekeepers at client institutions. Quarterbacks all aspects of strategic internal and external alliances including senior management and consultant contacts, strategic business planning and service reviews, plan economic reviews, revenue sharing arrangements and investment menu architecture and performance discussions. Is the primary strategic contact for TIAA-CREF’s largest institutions. Significant participation on key initiatives and task forces across the company. Discerns, develops and drives client strategy for meeting goals.
- Demonstrated expert relationship management skills at the most senior levels. Track record of developing business through these relationships. Expert conflict resolution skills.
- Expert application of all phases of the sales cycle, including the ability to close the sale.
- Possesses the knowledge and gravitas to function as a spokesperson for TIAA-CREF at industry events
- Expert written and oral presentations skills; ability to create executive summaries
- Well-developed leadership skills, including the ability to increase organizational capability through coaching and mentoring of more junior Relationship Managers
- Ability to exert influence on corporate wide initiatives. Functions as the lead for the Institutional Relationships business on corporate initiatives.
- Developed ability to think and act strategically with goal based outcomes
- Fully responsible and accountable for all account management activities.
- Seasoned and experienced sales and relationship management professional with demonstrated leadership skills
- Assigned to the most complex book of business, may have national scope to leverage high level skills across the entire organization
- Evaluates and implements new initiatives process/workflow improvements and program/policy changes.
- The role is crucial to ensure that all initiatives are executed effectively and efficiently.
- Assignments require considerable judgment, analysis and initiative in order to resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Generates and implements creative or unique solutions to solve problems.
- Balances multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Assists product management and marketing in the development of new products/services.
- Significant travel required
- Typically assigned to maintain and enhance relationships with the decision makers at the largest plan sponsors.
- Frequent independent interaction with Executive level Management team members
- Represents TIAA advocates & representatives to outside groups and associations
- Requires expert conflict resolution skills to maintain strong relationships.
- Works independently and provides leadership to integrated team.
- Makes decision in Director/Managing Director absence.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 10 or more years of institutional consultative sales and client relationship management experience
- Proven track record of achieving significant sales results.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining executive/key influencer/buyer relationships at client institutions
- Demonstrated technical expertise of financial products/services and the features/benefits of TIAA-CREF (or like) products and services.
- Demonstrated experience as a mentor for other sales/relationship management staff
- Complete understanding of IRA, 403(b), 401(a)/(k), 457(b) and (f) defined contribution plan technical rules, including nondiscrimination rules and ERISA requirements, with an advanced understanding of retirement plan design for our institutions. Able to assist client's outside counsel and/or legal counsel on plan design as applicable. Knowledge of defined benefit plans as they relate to TIAA-CREF's business.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to prepare executive summaries using Microsoft’s PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications.
Location: This position supports the West Region. For individuals in this region, hiring manager is flexible on location.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience; Masters in Business or Finance preferred
- Requires NASD Series 6 (or 7) and 63 registrations
- Requires resident state insurance license, and non-resident licenses for all states in which the Relationship Manager will sell insurance products within six months of assuming position. Managers will confirm and have documented on file, the specific states/territories in which insurance products will be sold.
- Must be appointed as an agent by TIAA and T-C Life.
- Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- May attain additional industry certifications and designations (CEBS, etc.)
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are making a difference .
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...