Veeco is a key enabler of information age technologies. The innovative compound semiconductor equipment developed at Veeco's Somerset, NJ location is utilized worldwide to create numerous end-devices, including light emitting diodes, solar cell, and laser diodes. Although you might not notice them, these devices are all around you-providing power, transferring information, and lighting your way. Veeco's MOCVD technology plays a key role in the rapid expending telecommunications and solid state lighting industries.
We are currently looking for a Field Application Engineer, who will be responsible for deploying new equipments and technologies as well as sustaining existing customer base. In addition, this position will support our Field Service Engineers on the process aspects of installing and qualifying our new tools and upgrades as well as customer's day-to-day process issues.
This position will reside in Santa Clara, CA with frequent travel to other locations, including the first 6 months in Boise, Idaho. Reports to the Senior Manager of Veeco's Western Region Customer Services and works very closely with factory teams on projects for new product development and existing product upgrades.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and maintains detailed technical knowledge of the specifications and operations of Veeco MOCVD systems.
- Maintains familiarity with the specifications and operation of competing products through training and self-learning.
- Maintains a working knowledge of MOCVD/LED epitaxy process, hardware systems and relevant diagnostics.
- Presents technical aspects of products to customers and sales channels.
- Works closely with customers to analyze applications in industry and Science.
- Plans, implements and controls measure to improve process yield and throughput for customers.
- Provides engineering support on reliability qualification and evaluation.
- Organizes, carries out and reports the progress of sample investigations on customers samples.
- Provides technical knowledge to acquaint customers with how to optimize the LED process..
- Provides front-line telephone and on-site diagnostic and technical support for various MOCVD systems.
- Provides on-the-job training, education and assistance to fellow team members both within the Company, for customers and partners.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional team with service and sales personnel from Corporate, business units to fulfill the sign-off requirements.
- Submit written applications-related reports regarding customer problems and other related situations.
- Communicates regularly with corporate and business units to enhance the professional knowledge and to gather up-to-date product information.
This position requires familiarity with general semiconductor expitaxy and process methods and a strong hand on capability with MOCVD, CVD, or any MOVPE system operations and maintenances. This position requires travelling domestically or internationally. Communication and documentation skill well across all levels is a necessity for this position.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Science and Engineering disciplines required.
- 5+ years' experience in industry with solid compound semiconductor thin film epitaxy technology and related equipment experiences.
- 3+ years' experience of front-line customer support or management experience.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 2 years ago