* This position requires occasional support during non-business hours.
* The W. A. Franke College of Business (FCB) has an IT team providing curriculum support for students and faculty, and additional administrative computing support for faculty and staff. This position's primary responsibilities are for maintenance of the college's website and creation of customized web applications. Specific tasks include:
* Supervises the college's web developer student worker
* Implements custom web applications
* Works closely with the college's graphic design and web content team
* Administers ExpressionEngine, the content management system for the college's web site
* Co-administers Apache web servers
* Serves on college's web committee to provide technical and content direction
* Utilizes knowledge of database driven web technology to provide information-rich, dynamic content
* Serves as the backup to the Linux/UNIX server administrator
* Assists in development of database applications to support academic and administrative needs
* Provides web server support and training for faculty, staff and students in individual and seminar settings
* Develops work plans and time schedules for projects including outlining phases and monitoring progress
* Completes various reports and summaries for management and/or users including status reports, problems, progress summaries and system utilization reports
* Reviews and analyzes system problems including system documentation and procedures to identify solutions and/or make appropriate referrals
* Reports to the FCB IT Systems Manager
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field AND two years of systems administration and web programming; OR,
* Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field AND three years of systems administration and web programming; OR,
* Four years of systems administration and web programming experience; OR,
* An equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* Demostrated skill in problem solving, analysis, and development
* Willingness to learn new technologies
* Customer-oriented focus
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Experience with and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations
* Experience in the implementation and administration of Linux, UNIX, and Solaris server operating systems
* Demonstrated skill with web programming languages, including expertise in PHP
* Strong Database Skills, SQL, Database Design, MySQL, MS Access, and Oracle
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy%20Manual/6-301-Conditions%20of%20Professional%20Service.pdf.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll.
April 18, 2013 at midnight.
Northern Arizona University - 2 years ago