AlwaysOnVacation, Inc. is an established, venture backed online travel company dedicated to the distribution and marketing of vacation rental accommodations on the Internet. Based in San Ramon, California, with operations also in Ogden, Utah and New Delhi, India, we are seeking an experienced and talented Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing, top tier team.
As the Director of Business development, you will be responsible for identifying, creating programs, negotiating and closing long-term complex partnerships, as well as managing ongoing relationships with current key strategic partners.
1) Build a global team of Business Development Managers to Identify, create and manage complex business relationships with select strategic partners, including identification, evaluation, and management of new initiatives, investments, acquisitions, divestitures, and business opportunities for the corporation.
2) Perform market, product/service and competitive analyses to understand market opportunities, and design strategic partnership programs
3) Quantify AlwaysOnVacation's and our prospective partners' business opportunities by building financial models, analyses and forecasts, as well as rationally justifying strategic relationships
4) Create forecasts and report on success metrics for each partner on a regular basis
5) Support complex negotiations to form relationships (including structure, roles, goals and success metrics)
6) Actively drive established relationships forward to achieve success metrics
7) Internally marshall cross-group resources, identify dependencies, champion and build awareness in support of the strategic benefits of your partner relationships
8) Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field (MBA preferred)
2) 5+ years’ experience in Business Development or a related field
3) Online Travel experience preferred
4) Proven experience creating new relationships with strategic partners
5) Ability to develop financial modeling to develop business case(s)
6) Experience interacting with cross-functional groups
7) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8) Outstanding presentation and phone skills
9) Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
10) Strong analytical and decision-making skills
11) String understanding of effective product marketing
12) Strategic and analytical thinker, able to blend technology vision and business strategy to identify new partner opportunities.
13) Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and architectural scenarios, and explain them to others concisely, in words and images
AlwaysOnVacation, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard