The Ocean Plaza Beach Resort is located on Tybee Island, Georgia, just steps away from miles of white sandy beaches, rolling sand dunes, and the Atlantic Ocean. This resort hotel features 205 guest rooms and suites, an award winning oceanfront restaurant & sports bar, a full service conference center, and two swimming pools. Tybee Island is a world of sun, sand, and surf that exists 20 minutes East of Historic Downtown Savannah on U.S. Highway 80, secluded from the rest of the world by picturesque Romerly Marsh. Tybee Island was recently voted Best Beach Destination by readers of Georgia Magazine. For more information visit www.oceanplaza.com .
Responsible for the efficient, profitable, and customer friendly operation of the restaurant and sports bar. Oversees employee training.
1. High school graduate or possess GED equivalent certificate.
2. 5 year experience elsewhere as a Restaurant Manager.
3. Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
4. Ability to read, legibly write, correctly spell words, fluently speak, and understand instructions in the English language.
5. Ability to effectively present information to people in one-on-one and group situations.
6. Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers. Ability to perform these arithmetic operations using units of the U.S. Dollar.
7. Ability to apply common sense and understanding and to carry out policies, procedures, and instructions.
8. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in changing situations.
9. Ability to:
10. Ability to:
- understand and focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests.
- focus attention on details.
- suggestively upsell restaurant menu items, beverages and wines.
- access and input information into P.O.S. system.
- maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
- perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Regularly lift, move,and carry objectsweighing20 pounds or more.
- Perform various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 36 inches. Stoop, kneel,crouch, listen and hear. Use hands to manipulate andhandle (for example,a kitchen knife).
- Remain standing and walking for 6-8 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily participate inconversations with guests, management and co-workers.
- See with eyes up close and at a distance.
- Withstand a work environment that can become hot and loud at times.
- Safely handle knives, kitchen equipment, and chemicals.
1. Previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
2. Previous culinary training.
3. Certification in an alcohol service awareness program.
4. Certification in CPR and First Aid.
5. Previous experience using a restaurant POS computer system.
6. Safe food handling certification.
7. Prior guest relations and/or quality customer service training.
Ocean Plaza is operated via a management contract with Tybee Island Management Company, LLC.