The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, The UT Gardens and Plant Sciences Department
April 1, 2013. screening of applicants' credentials will begin March 6, 2013 and will contiune until the position is filled.
exhibitions, classes, seminars, lectures, workshops, conferences,
- Plan, coordinate, and implement children, youth, and adult educational programs and special events which can include but are not limited to festivals, concerts, performances,
symposia, tours, children and youth camps, and fieldtrips.
rentals and provide leadership in coordinating these operations and managing the Gardens’ master calendar of events, programs, rentals, and fees.
- Prepare quarterly/yearly calendar of events for use in press releases and the Gardens website, newsletter, and magazine.
- Plan and implement the gardens’ professional photography, rental and wedding policies and fees as well as create a cooperative/contract program with caterers and facility
- Work with UTIA’s development and marketing offices on sponsorships, press-releases, media relations, and marketing of special events and educational programs.
- Provide leadership in managing special event or educational program registration using the university’s SUPER system.
- Provide leadership in conducting evaluation of special events and educational programs and summarizing results and preparing wrap-up reports.
- Contribute to all Gardens publications such as a standing column in the e-newsletter, magazine, and website.
- Be capable of working independently and as part of a team. Attention to detail, motivation, and troubleshooting skills are important.
- Develop and implement horticulture programs to reach out to under served under represented populations including but not limited to adults with disabilities, children with disabilities and minorities.
- Assist with creation of fundraising programs including an annual fundraising gala, development of a comprehensive sponsorship program, and implementation of annual funding mailings.
- Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, and veteran status.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with training and experience. This position is funded on an annual contract renewal expected through December 2016.
Future employment is dependent upon performance and availability of additional funds. Benefits include group hospitalization and life insurance,
State Employees Retirement; Workers’ Compensation; study, sick and annual leave, numerous University of Tennessee and state benefit programs,
including liberal time off for holidays and longevity pay after three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
UT Extension provides a gateway to the Univeristy of Tennessee as the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture. With an office in every Tennessee county,
UT Extension delivers educational programs and research-based information to citizens throughout the state. In cooperation with Tennessee State University,
UT Extension works with farmers, families, youth and communitites, to improve lives by addressing problems and issues at the local, state and national levels.
Bachelor’s degree in Family and Consumer Sciences.
Master of Science degree in Family and Consumer Sciences, Education or closely related field.
Preference will be given to applicants with work experience in a related field.
Please apply online by clicking this link:
Apply for Extension Educator Positions
Dr. Susan Hamilton
Ellington Plant Sciences
252 Joe Johnson Drive
Knoxville TN 37996
Extension Service Professional
Utia Gardens Extension
Feb 7, 2013, 11:24:36 AM
University of Tennessee - Knoxville - 14 months ago