PURPOSE AND SCOPE :
Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The Director of Software Development works as a part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary technology team that creates and supports software using varying technologies in the Healthcare space. Main job duties are: lead multiple technology teams giving technical guidance, provide technical and professional leadership; develop and execute on software development project plans; coordinate business requirements with analysts; create project proposals; set technical project scope; estimate software development costs; analyze risks and develop software support plans. The Director of Software Develpment should have a firm grasp on current technologies available (especially MS.NET), thoroughly understand the software development life cycle and understand software development best practices.
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA and Acumen culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Direct the development of software across multiple technical teams, using various technologies, to meet business requirements.
- Create and manage software development project plans, including strategic planning, milestones, and roadmaps in conjunction with the project management group.
- Provide technical guidance to technical teams on all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with business owners/stakeholders.
- Maintain a successful relationship with other technical/development teams to coordinate the development, delivery, and ongoing support for software solutions.
- Conduct periodic software code and software practices reviews.
- Continually evaluate and manage risks associated with the development and support of software products.
- Develop and maintain effective leadership skills in technical team leads.
- Perform technical risk assessment analysis.
- Manage on-going development and support issue tracking and resolution.
- Perform postmortem to wrap-up projects and take away lessons learned for continual improvement.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum 8 years of software development management experience and/or technical team leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in a Software Development Life Cycle or Agile environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Healthcare industry, with a strong preference for work with Electronic Health Record systems.
- Experience with web application development using Microsoft .Net technologies.
- Customer-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence others and work collaboratively in order to produce results across multiple technology teams.
- Improve processes and procedures, increasing departmental effectiveness.
- Planning, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills: ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building and mentoring team members.
- Communication, drive and leadership skills to design and develop integrated IT solutions in collaboration with other team members, vendors and consulting partners – required.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) is proud that our unwavering commitment to our patients has made us the global leader in...