Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the worlds' finest hotels. The Group operates luxury hotels in key leisure and business destinations. In total Mandarin Oriental employs 9,000 colleagues in three continents with 10 hotels in Asia, seven in North America and three in Europe.
Set at the heart of the US capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation's most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and the seat of power.
The valet attendant's major duties to include, but not limited to:
The successful candidate will have the following required experience:
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Support Company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Pick up & deliver guest dry cleaning & laundry from the guestrooms, bell desk or concierge.
- Count & inspect all garments picked up for damages or faded areas and contact the Guest to inform them and get a release to process the cleaning of those garment.
- Make sure the laundry slip is matching the number of items picked up.
- Separate and mark all necessary garments before processing.
- Identify which garments are appropriate for dry cleaning and which are not, therefore wash them following the garment's tags/ label instructions.
- Operate the 35 pound Hydro Carbon Dry Cleaning machine.
- Spot (remove stains) from all uniforms and guest garments using the right spotting chemical and technique before washing or dry cleaning the garments.
- Hang all garments as soon as you retrieve them from the dry cleaning machine or washer. Inspect each garment for stains that did not come out and re-treat / reprocess.
- Press all cleaned garments using the Unit Press Machine, Hand Press, Suzi, Steam Pants machine, Shirt Sleeves, Collar , Steam Irons and all other equipment as necessary up to our Standards.
- Clean / pressed uniforms to be delivered to the Uniform Attendant in the Uniform room.
- Responsible for repackaging all guest orders before delivery to the guest rooms to meet our 5 stars standards.
- Count & inspect all guest orders and garments upon receipt from our outside vendor (if processed off property).
- Deliver all guest orders to the right guest rooms numbers and maintain a log.
- Communicate all equipment problems to Laundry/Valet Manager.
- Take a weekly inventory for all needed chemicals and supplies and report to the Laundry/ Valet Manager or Assistant Director / Director of Housekeeping.
- Monthly participation in deep cleaning the Valet room.
- Follow Manager's instructions as well as assignments requested by Housekeeping & Laundry Managers .
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Must be physically competent to lift up to 50 lbs. occassionally and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Commercial drycleaning experience; strong knowledge of drycleaning chemicals, spot removers, professional laundry detergents, etc.
- Professional laundering experience to include pressing, steaming, ironing, etc.
Mandarin Oriental - 10 months ago