Responsible for on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Football program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
Potential assignment of responsibilities as linebackers and special teams coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead, monitor and coordinate training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Assist and perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Assists with daily operations and overall administration of the football program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate Departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate and assess for a specific geographical area or position group
5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate Departmental personnel to assure academic success of students.
6. Work closely with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student-athletes.
8. Participate in Departmental activities as feasible.
9. Perform special duties as assigned by the head coach or Director of Athletics
10.Teach in Departmental wellness program as assigned.
11. Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty and the general public.
12. Attain and up-to-date CPR and First Aid Card.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Bachelors Degree required.
2. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
1. 3-5 years of collegiate coaching experience.
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bucknell University values a diverse college community and is committed to excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff and students. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bucknell University welcomes applications from women and minority candidates.
Bucknell University - 2 years ago