Compile and maintain accounts payable records related to inventory.
• Match invoices and received product on packing lists from incoming mail.
• Check billing accuracy in price, freight, etc., and research any discrepancies.
• Run aging report weekly to process payments.
• Verify backup documentation prior to processing payments.
• Bill direct drop shipments, including invoicing to customer.
• Accept vendor calls to verify payments.
• Review and reconcile open receivers.
• Punctual and regular attendance is a job requirement.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
Secondary Responsibilities (Back-up if needed)
• Issue checks, based on authorized cash allotment.
• Handle wire transfer releases.
• Process all voided checks and upload to bank.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Some vocational or college preferred.
• 1-3 years computer accounting experience preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATION
• Minimum typing speed of 45 WPM.
• Data entry/ten key skills (minimum 13000 kph).
• Good verbal communication skills (face-to-face and over the phone).
• Follow-up and follow-through capabilities.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to function successfully in high-stress situations.
• Be flexible in work hours/lunch hours as job loads dictate.
• Have a “can-do” attitude about all duties, and complete in minimum amount of time.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Petra Industries - 15 months ago