Nurse Extern Program
DHMC provides an opportunity for the Nurse Extern to practice within a dynamic and supportive work environment and work side-by-side with highly skilled RN mentors, who will supervise and direct your learning needs.
This program assists the Nurse Extern in gaining a greater level of self-confidence, communication, critical thinking skills, time-management skills and clinical competence through reinforcing the fundamentals of nursing education, theoretical knowledge, awareness of the role of the professional nurse and the understanding of organizational structure and operations within an acute care setting. As the Nurse Extern is not a registered nurse they will not administer medications in any form, initiate blood transfusions or administer or monitor blood products.
Students will work 36 hrs /week and follow their preceptor's schedule. A variety of unit specialties is offered. This is an 8-week, temporary, paid summer position from June 10th through August 2, 2013, including orientation & training.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Must have successfully completed Junior Year of an accredited BSN Program and currently be enrolled in good standing
· Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
· Healthcare provider CPR training current through September 2013
· Satisfactory completion of a Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center pre-employment physical, immunization and relevant background checks.
· Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
The candidate must provide:
· Two (2) letters of recommendation on official college letterhead or by direct e-mail from faculty to D-H Student Affairs Coordinator
· Current official transcript
· Cover letter explaining: 1) Why you chose nursing as a career path, 2) Why you chose D-H for your externship, and
3) Your future goals in nursing
Apply on-line, attach a Cover Letter and Resume to the on-line application. In addition, send letters of recommendation from two clinical faculty and an official copy of your current transcript to:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Wendy M. Windsor
Nursing Student Affairs Coordinator
Office of Professional Nursing
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
1 Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03755
PH: 603-653-0671 FAX: 603-650-8085
Deadline for complete applications is March 1, 2013. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that all documents are received by the OPN office before the deadline . Telephone interviews will follow receipt of completed applications.
New England Alliance for Health - 30+ days ago
The New England Alliance for Health (NEAH) assists its members to improve the health of the communities they serve. The New England Alliance...