The Ravenswood Winery in Sonoma, CA is seeking a lab
technician, preferably with a wine-related qualification
(biology, chemistry, microbiology, enology, etc.) or
relevant experience, who is looking for an opportunity
to gain more experience in the wine industry.
This is a seasonal harvest position in the lab with
responsibility for monitoring incoming grapes and
fermentations and performing additions to fermenting
tanks along with regular daily lab duties. There may
also be opportunity to work in the cellar, assisting the
crew with all aspects of harvest cellar daily duties.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring fermentations and making additions to
- Testing incoming grapes for ripeness.
- Performing daily analysis and lab tests on
analysis using appropriate sampling procedures.
- Assisting in the set up of tastings.
- Collects samples as required for tasting and/or
wine tracking software.
- Logging daily analysis results in excel, word and
and pump-over, assisting with pressing tanks,
- Performing daily cellar duties involving punch-down
racking wine and working with barrels.
functioning of the lab.
- Performing other assignments related to the
desired but not essential.
- Previous lab experience and/or harvest experience
precise directions under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow
- Must be computer literate and know MS Word and
- Strong ability to communicate, both written and
on cat-walks and lift up to 55lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk
- Must be available for weekend shifts and overtime as
Open Date : 2013-02-04 14:00:00
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Division/Department : Operations--Wine Technical
Constellation Brands - 18 months ago
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...