This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Business Development; Vice President, Clinical Services; Director, Housing and Community Based Services, and other related departmental staff as requested. This position will perform a variety of administrative support tasks and receptionist tasks including, scheduling, reporting and tracking information, reviewing and responding to correspondence and phone calls as needed/requested, and other related administrative support functions, along with being the first point of customer contact, operating the phone system, receiving incoming and outgoing calls, scheduling meeting rooms and ordering food for meetings. |
- Promotes Benedictine Health System’s Mission and Core Values of Hospitality, Stewardship, Respect and Justice by bringing these values to life in the workplace.
- Presents a professional image of Benedictine Health System by answering telephones and greeting clients/visitors in a welcoming manner.
- Provides office support to promote office efficiency by relieving the staff of administrative detail.
- Performs word processing and administrative support to Senior Vice President, Business Development; Vice President, Clinical Services; Director, Housing and Community Based Services, and other related departmental staff to provide timely, accurate, and professional looking documents and materials.
- Provides administrative support to Senior Vice President, Business Development; Vice President, Clinical Services; Director, Housing and Community Based Services, and other related departmental staff to promote office efficiency relieving them of administrative detail.
Skills and Abilities:
- Post secondary education.
- Three or more years of secretarial/administrative experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and secretarial skills.
- Knowledge of and skill in using personal computers and related software for word processing (such as Word), spreadsheet (such as Excel), scheduling (such as Outlook) and presentations (such as PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of and ability to apply commonly accepted rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation in written communications.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure, reporting relationships, products, and services of Benedictine Health System.
- Skill in preparing written materials such as correspondence, reports, and proposals to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete activities to maximize the total time available.
- Ability to transport, lift meeting materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to proof read with accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidential material.
- Ability to use and operate office equipment including copy machine, fax machine, postage machine, typewriter, Dictaphone, multi-line phone system, binding equipment and computers.
- Ability to be flexible and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy.
Benedictine Health System - 10 months ago