Given the forward thinking business model, proprietary nature of the business, and the aggressive growth oriented goals that Caris has, we have decided to expand upon the Information Technology team with the addition of a new IT Security Director. This individual will be responsible for defining the strategy for securing Caris Life Sciences data assets and ultimately for executing the resulting framework and overall security program related to IT systems, business operations, and facility data assets. The goal of this role is to implement strategic and tactical solutions aimed at protecting the company against security breaches and vulnerabilities. The IT Security Director will be responsible for providing vision and leadership for developing and supporting the Caris Life Sciences security framework.
This will require both strategic planning and tactical execution of a series of programs and initiatives. This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems and applications, while directing the administration of security policies, activities, and standards. The IT Security Director will directly interface with IT internal customers, as well as Caris Life Sciences executive leadership at the corporate and facility level in providing expert counsel on IT Security matters. This position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
Job Responsibilities: • Directs enterprise information security for Caris Life Sciences, including security engineering, operations, directory services and associated program management; provides oversight over identity provisioning resources; security incident management; responsible for developing strategies, rationale, and business cases for enterprise-wide information security solutions •Responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of an information security assessment program; manages IT-related risk through a program of standards, variances, and risk assessment; advises senior executive stakeholders of risk and mitigation recommendations • Maintains and develops the overall security strategy, vision, framework, and program to support Caris Life Sciences security goals by ensuring regulatory compliance and safeguarding the company’s reputation through the assurance of confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate and personally sensitive information. •Responsible for development, deployment, review, revision and communication of IT Security policies; responsible for aligning information security policies and standards with objectives and needs of the business units (including IT business units); develops security policies, programs and standards and ensures compliance for all location; • Participates with executive and senior leadership in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into processes and systems; designs, develops or recommends security system solutions including people, process, and technology, that will ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected. •Actively engages with the business; interacts extensively and builds relationships with IT’s customers at the Director and VP level to insure corporate and facility initiatives comply with Security Framework; develops a cohesive relationship and coordinate with the Corporate Security Workgroup and Security executive Committee on compliance with all relevant laws and confidentiality requirements. • Provides active leadership within the business and IT department; provides overall information security leadership and management to all locations and information technology groups; develops and implements strategic and tactical plans, determines priorities, reviews schedules and budgets, and provides work direction; develops, leads, and coaches direct reports • Coordinate with the IT department on protection goals, objectives and metrics to measure effectiveness of new procedures and policies.
Frequently interfaces with IT vendors on security activity, reporting and remediation. Oversees and ensures deliverables from multiple external vendors. Requirements: Academic: • Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field(s) of study such as healthcare administration, security management, management information systems, or business administration or equivalent professional experience preferred. Experience: • 10+ years of information systems security of progressive experience in Network or Systems Security, Information Security Management, Financial applications development and management or the equivalent combination of pertinent applicable education and experience.
- Represent the cyber-security interests of Caris Life Sciences to U.S. Congressional representatives, other state and federal regulators, and cross-industry interest groups. • Demonstrates financial accountability; Accountable for management of departmental capital and expense budgets. Negotiates contracts and manages relationships with outside vendors.
- Professional certification in area of expertise is required (CISM, CISSP), along with participation in nationally recognized information security organizations. • 10+ years of leadership experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: • Maintain awareness and understand emerging trends and technologies in IT Security and Healthcare. • Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving security and business problems.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT security issues and products. • Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis. • Strong leadership, presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to manage up, down and across levels of the organization. • Ability to apply IT in solving business problems; knowledge of Healthcare Clinical and Business applications and ability to apply that knowledge in the role.
- Ability to create, manage and enhance customer and vendor relationships. • Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail. • Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. • Ability to lead teams supported by excellent communication (presentation and verbal), organization, and mobilization skills.
- Proven abilities in leading complex problem management and process analysis. • Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines. • Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. • Ability to travel up to 20%, though generally less.
- Knowledgeable in the practice of IT Audit and Controls.
Caris Life Sciences - 19 months ago
Since 1996, Caris Life Sciences has been a leader in diagnostic, prognostic and theranostic medicine. Our mission is to transform healthcare...