Our SQL Database Administrato r provides support and timely response to needs in our development, staging and production environments for all databases. This position works with a seasoned Sr. Database Administrator in a company where we're working on current and greenfield projects with a great opportunity to collaborate with development and operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server database monitoring best practices, ability to identify performance issues correctly
- Perform and support database upgrades and migrations
- Creates and maintains appropriate DBA and database documentation
- Defines and construct data marts according to department standards to meet end-user requirements
- Monitoring SQL Server Agent jobs and responding to SQL Server notification alerts
What you'll have experience with:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science, plus at least 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a 24x7 production environment
- Working knowledge of SSIS, SSRS
- Backup and recovery skills
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, when issues arise
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Capacity to learn new technology that will work with our database systems.
- Excellent communications skills
- Manage SLAs and strict adherence to production controls
- Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- System administration fundamentals including installation, configuration and security setups
- Familiarity with SOX and PCI DSS requirements and best practices aligning with compliancy
- Familiarity with Postgresql, Mysql, NoSQL solutions
Here’s what you want to know about Serials Solutions
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location : Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits : Plus some unique stuff like ORCA passes, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment : Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company : Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
About Serials Solutions
Serials Solutions is a dedicated partner of libraries working to remain vital and relevant to their users and communities. We provide industry-leading technology solutions for libraries worldwide. The company helps libraries work better by providing innovative, practical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, a comprehensive knowledgebase and unparalleled client support services.
Serials Solutions, a ProQuest® business, is headquartered in Seattle, Washington
If your professional quest requires serious research, you might try ProQuest. The company provides access to and navigation of more than 125...