Quality Engineer (Commercial Solutions)
Commercial Solutions Third Level Support Engineer (3LS) is a technical support organization within the PSG Organization that provides answers and solutions to customer technical issues for Commercial Solutions products, including but not limited to: Desktop Workstations, Thin Clients and RGS
The position deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Reproduce customer failures, drive root cause analysis, and deliver solutions to customers by interfacing with the Workstation GBU, Global Competence Centers, regional TCE organizations, and sales.
- Provide feedback on product quality improvements to the GBU.
- Work with regional TCE groups and the Global Competency centers to determine and implement business solutions instead of technical solutions when needed.
- Interface with the Workstations GBU to provide the voice of the customer input in design decisions as well as end game quality assessment before shipments.
- Author engineering advisories detailing quality issues and their solutions.
- Promote TCE improvements throughout product lifecycle.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to 2
level support engineers, GBU partners, and field personnel.
- Influence support strategy and sets functional policy and direction.
- Work with NPI program team to improve TCE for new products.
HP will not sponsor individuals for immigration benefits in this position.
The successful candidate MUST have received degree within past 12 months, or prior to start date
- A Masters degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering
- Working knowledge of workstations computer systems.
- Knowledge of workstation customer usage and requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft & Linux Operating systems (ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot operating system issues)
- Knowledge of Workstation system configuration and architecture to enable design of experiments in problem reproduction and root cause analysis as well as system setup, teardown, and configuration.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple active projects (customer escalations) in parallel and ability to keep them moving forward.
- High levels of independent supervision and ability to determine priorities and juggle multiple responsibilities in parallel.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Passion for the customer.
- Ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to make difficult decisions involving resources beyond immediate scope of control.
- Want: PMP certification, Red Hat, Novell Suse, and or Microsoft certification.
United States-Colorado-Ft. Collins
HP - 2 years ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...