Responsible for driving results and enhancing the customer experience by maintaining a neat clean and safe working and shopping environment. The Stock Associate is responsible for execution all company defined best practices in the stock and non-sell work centers including replenishment, shipment processing and receiving, maintaining visual display standards, recovery and fitting room monitoring. May flex and contribute to any work center as directed by Manager on Duty. Role models Gap Inc Purpose Values Behaviors in all actions and interactions.
- Maintains work area and sales floor standards to promote a safe working and shopping environment and to maximize the customer shopping experience
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct
- Performs all merchandise handling and visual tasks to standard throughout the store:
- Demonstrates effective communication when interacting with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Prepares and executes the assembly line shipment process.
- Performs re-ticketing and re-pricing as required.
- Prepares merchandise to go out onto sales floor with hangers, size strips, etc. as required.
- Processes markdowns at the company productivity standard.
- Ensures the store is neat, clean, and organized.
- Performs stock checks for customers and in support of sales team.
- Be readily available and committed to engaging with customers as needed.
- Maintains the sales floor, fitting rooms and cash-wrap areas.
- Locates merchandise for customers in-store, over the phone and via Merchandise Locators.
- Processes and run go-backs.
- Performs recovery duties at closing.
- Thanks all customers and invite them to visit again.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to customer cues when working on sales floor.
- Uses resources as appropriate to assist in providing service to the customer (i.e displays, product information, co-workers)
- Answers customer questions quickly and accurately.
- Works with stock and sales team to effectively to ensure a fast and seamless customer experience.
- Reports to a member of the leadership team
- Receives daily direction from Manager on Duty
- Creates teams and partnerships with all store team members
- Ability to create a positive work environment by demonstrating Gap Inc PVB.
- Ability to receive feedback and take constructive action when appropriate.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor.
- Six months store experience or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in retail preferred.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom.
- Schedule availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
GAP Inc - 7 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...