About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an SAP Basis Lead opening to join our Global Information Systems (GIS) organization to be responsible for coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific Basis tasks assoicated with SAP projects and to ensure consistency with GIS strategy, standards, commitments and goals.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week may look like in this role)
Today, you might be working with our project teams and partners to plan a new SAP implementation. You will help clearly define the project requirements so that a technical solution can be built, attend a gathering of the Architecture Review Board to present your project in formal review for approval in order to proceed to the next phase of that project's delivery stage. Tomorrow, you'll play a lead role in establishing SAP Basis best practices around the world to apply to projects around the globe.
What You Will Do
SAP Basis Lead to support major SAP implementation programs and establish performance tuning and optimization plans. Work cross-functionally with production support personnel to ensure smooth transition into production environment and to assist with troubleshooting.
You will also…
What You Need To Succeed
- lead the planning and implementation of infrastructure project initiatives
- define and manage project scope, tasks, goals, deliverables and timelines in accordance with the Whirlpool Delivery Methodology, using WDM project management tools
- collaborate with Infrastructure Project Delivery and Project Engineering to clearly define the required landscape specifications and resource requirements needed to deliver the project objective(s).
- facilitate the evaluation of application sustainability relative to any applications utilizing the target infrastructure to be impacted by the project
- coordinate across Whirlpool infrastructure teams (i.e. security, basis, capacity and other project related infrastructure roles) as necessary
- provide direction and support to project teams
- maintain a critical communication channel with the Whirlpool Infrastructure Project Delivery team, Vertical Leads, and any strategic or other 3 rd party vendors to ensure successful implementation of the infrastructure project solution.
- participate in WDM governance and oversight activities including project tollgates, Architecture Review Boards, Stage Gates and other reviews as necessary for your respective projects
- drive the resolution of all SAP Basis issues and work with infrastructure team members to resolve all release related issues.
- create a testing strategy and plans as appropriate to ensure all components of the system meet specifications and maintain integrity.
- conduct Operational Readiness reviews.
- ensure proper monitoring and alarming is in place for system persistence.
- confirm the support vendor's readiness to effectively support the infrastructure.
- keep track of lessons learned and document, share and/or store appropriately.
- You must be flexible, effective in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, and able to potentially manage more than one project at one time
- Have strong analytical and problem identification/resolution skills
- Ability to interact constructively with global/remote teams and make decisions under stressful situations.
- Possess strong consultative and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Good understanding of infrastructure and demonstrated ability to manage infrastructure projects
- Ability to engage effectively with Strategic and other 3 rd party providers, and internal Whirlpool project teams
- Goal oriented and committed to standards, processes and deadlines
- Experience in general administration activities of ABAP, Java stacks
- Knowledge and experience of SAP ECC, SolMan, Java Administration and have experience in one of SAP Solution like (BW, Portal, PI, CRM , SRM, Open Text, TREX etc)
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Experience on Support Package Implementation and analysis, Notes analysis and implementation, as well as trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of Java Stack Administration, Monitoring and troubleshooting, Java System Support Pack Implementation
- Performance tuning and knowledge of Memory management
- Experience in ABAP and Java system refreshes
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool - 21 months ago
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...