MDS Coordinator Description
Assists the Resident Care Management Director (RCMD) with the timely and accurate completion of both the RAI and Care Management process from admission to discharge in accordance to Company P&Ps, MPGs, State and Federal guidelines, and all other entities as appropriate (e.g., Minimum Data Set, discharge and re-entry tracking forms, etc.). With direction from the RCMD, may coordinate information systems operations and education for the clinical department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
MDS Coordinator Requirements
- Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the resident.
- Assists with coordination and management of the daily Care Management meeting, to include review of resident care and the setting of the Assessment Reference Date.
- Complies with federal and state regulations regarding completion and coordination of the RAI process.
- Monitors MDS and care plan documentation for all residents. Ensures documentation is present in the medical record to support MDS coding.
- Maintains current MDS status of assigned residents according to state and federal guidelines.
- Supports the tracking system of MDS schedules (timeframes and due dates).
- Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into appropriate computerized MDS programs.
- Completes accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained via medical record review as well as observation and interview with facility staff, resident and family members.
- At the direction of the RCMD, attends interdisciplinary team meetings and other meetings in order to gather information, communicate changes, and maintain and update records.
- Continually updating knowledge base related to data entry and computer technology.
- At the direction of the RCMD, may participate in quality assurance activities.
- Completion of AANAC Certificate program within the first six months of employment.
- Contacts Medicare Beneficiary Hotline per company policy and RCMD direction.
- Completes electronic submission of required documentation to the State database and other entities per company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Environment
- Registered Nurse with health care experience in a long-term care facility (May be an LPN/LVN with approval from the facility NHA).
- Knowledge of RAI process required.
- Knowledge of Medicare preferred.
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk, and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and/or transfer residents weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee may occasionally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sava Senior Care - 23 months ago
SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities...