- Responsibilities include conducting traffic engineering studies, engineering analysis, review and preparation of traffic impact studies, traffic capacity analysis, operational simulation analysis, signal design, timing plans, freeway and urban geometric design.
- Review site plans, signing and marking plans, and construction traffic control.
- Provide oversight in determining the need for and appropriate type of Traffic Control Device on the roadway system as assigned.
- Conduct traffic engineering studies and engineer solutions that address roadway safety and operational problems.
- Support the traffic engineering plan coordination/review function by participating in the preliminary engineering phase of roadway and bridge projects and land use development reviews.
- Design signing, pavement marking, guardrail and temporary traffic control plans as needed.
A valid Virginia driver’s license required. What We Offer AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent related education/experience.
- Experience in traffic engineering, safety studies, traffic impact studies and traffic operations
- Experience in design and modification of traffic signalized intersections using MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of the MUTCD.
- Experience in evaluating complex traffic operations such as freeways, surface street system interchanges, and performing traffic analysis using SYNCHRO, and VISSIM simulation model. In-depth knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual and HCS;
- Effective oral and written communication skills preferred.
AECOM - 16 months ago
Names change, but people always need to build offices, factories, and process facilities. AAC Designer Builders, which does business as Aust...