High School plus specialized, short-term training in clinical medical skills. Current CPR certification is required. One to three years experience in ambulatory care is preferred. Good computer skills required. EMR knowledge preferred.
Primary Job Functions
- Assign and assists with patient preparation/rooming patient as directed by visit plan.
- Performs lab procedures, as ordered by Medical Provider or as directed by visit plan.
- Assists Medical Providers with procedures.
- Assists with patient education, within scope of practice as ordered by Medical Provider.
- Assists with visiting planning, within Health Maintenance Guidelines.
- Documents in medical record within scope of practice.
- Assists in screening of patient, in collaboration with Care Manager.
- Interacts effectively with customers, providing instructions and information, both written and verbal as appropriate.
- Maintains established practice policies and procedures, objectives, quality program, safety, environment and infection control standards.
- Seeks help, communicates and cooperates with Medical Provider and team appropriately.
- Performs other functions as required.