Tailors are responsible for:|
If a career as a Tailor interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions:
- Performing customer fittings by determining the needs of the garment on the customer and taking note of customer requests.
- Using industry standard methods to chalk the garments to indicate the alterations to be made.
- Completing the alteration card.
- Performing all alterations on garments fitted to customer, brought in for alteration, or stock that requires repairs and maintenance, including spot removal.
- Pressing finished goods and removes chalk marks so that garments are ready to wear for the customer at pick-up.
- Completing alterations on a timely basis to insure delivery to customer by promise date.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by a tailor. This list is not intended to be comprehensive and may vary from store to store. Additional details may be provided upon request.
- Knowledge of industry-wide markings to indicate alterations needed.
- Knowledge of fabric limitations and standard tailoring concepts, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to sew garments with needle and thread and by machine.
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional finished goods for upscale menswear garments.
- Ability to take measurements of customers’ neck, arm, chest, and waist to ensure proper measurements are taken.
- Ability to complete daily assignments, meet deadlines with accuracy, and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to work scheduled shift which will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to dress in conservative business attire without tattoos or body piercings evident.
- Ability to read and understand documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Previous experience with tailoring equipment, such as: sewing machine, steam press, and iron.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs consistently.
Store Location: International Plaza
JoS. A. Bank - 2 years ago
When casual Fridays put a wrinkle in the starched selling philosophy of Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, the company dressed down. Although it is...