Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Sunflower Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Sunflower the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Sunflower since our inception in 2002 - yours should be no different!
The Key Manager is responsible for overseeing all front end functions and assists when needed. They must ensure a positive shopping experience for customers and a positive working environment for employees. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Assists in hiring, developing, evaluating, training, and supervising Department Managers and staff.
- Follows weekly sales/labor projections, executes to plan, and consistently achieves budgeted payroll percentage.
- Oversees the merchandising, loss prevention, and store appearance/conditions.
- Anticipates highs and lows in the business and reacts accordingly to solve problems and/or adjust allocated labor.
- Manages store inventory to assure product freshness and achieve inventory turnover objectives; requires compliance with company assigned schematics.
- Monitors and addresses customer issues, personnel situations, rewards and recognition, and policy violations.
- Maintains store sanitation and cleanliness in accordance with local laws and best practices.
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
- Monitors the rotation of all products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
- Assists in overseeing pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
- Works with front end department to ensure and maintain appropriate functioning of store operations.
- Implements and maintains outstanding customer service consistently.
- Plans and assigns daily goals, tasks and assignments; Assures proper completion through follow-up.
- Maintains all merchandising standards, display presentation, signing standards and monitor inventory levels.
- Assists in monitoring sales and labor performance per shift and amends accordingly.
- Manages administrative tasks including receiving, invoicing, inventory and payroll.
- Maintains adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Initiates communication to give clear and direct instruction or explanation to employees and/or customer.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Preferred 4-6 years grocery retail experience in front end store operations processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to perishable departments.
- Must have the ability to read and understand financial statements.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with staff.
- Ability to enter the cooler and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
This company is sprouting up all over the place. A fast-growing natural foods retailer, Sprouts Farmers Market operates about 150 stores in...