The Associate Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Research and Development, Product Development, Manufacturing, Finance, Regulatory, and Quality to deliver successful products. The Associate Product Manager also works with marketing and support to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met. Finally, this role ensures that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Manages the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Works with Research & Development and Manufacturing to develop aggressive timelines for new product development and market release.
- Supports product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map.
- Specifies market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research.
- Interfaces with Research & Development to develop product line extensions and product improvements.
- Runs beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Works with a team to develop the core positioning, packaging, and messaging for the product.
- Develops content for product and company collateral.
- Develops hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and programs and maintains technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Provides in-depth analysis of market, industry, and competitors.
- Develops both internal and external product education strategies.
- Develops and implements a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Supports sales management/field sales by providing training on products, feature/benefit opportunities and competitive comparisons.
- Conducts market assessments and competitive analyses to identify product opportunities whether new or redesigned to meet different needs.
- Provides user and competitive input to Research & Development as well as Manufacturing to address end user needs/concerns.
- Analyzes sales data and provides information concerning sales trends and performance.
- Supports the Director of Product and Program Marketing in other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- MBA preferred.
- 4-5 years experience, 1-2 years in product marketing specifically.
- Experience managing products, from development through launch.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently.
- Experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, manufacturing, regulatory, sales, and marketing staff.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Seasoned experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
Medifast seeks to help people slim down and shape up... fast. The company develops and markets health and diet products under the Medifast...