Responsible for business process documentation and analysis, business requirements documents, testing, and training of FIRST systems and associated subsystems. Provide software support of multi-user systems. Identify alternatives for optimizing business processes and computer resources and systems. Provide both scheduled and adhoc statistical analysis of program data.
Business Analysis, Testing, and Implementation:
- System project research, business requirements documentation, Beta and UAT testing, implementation, communication.
- End User documentation and training of software systems enhancements and processes.
- Prepare detailed business process flow charts and diagrams outlining systems and business processes. Ability to summarize diagrams and flow charts at high level for senior management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues for internal and external customers
- Work with project team to conduct software research on software system enhancements to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems.
- Work as an engaged project team member with project managers, programs, and technical staff, on Business Projects and Implementation Plans.
- Work with IT team to confirm technical requirement documents align effectively with business requirement initiatives.
- Prepare accurate statistical data for program staff utilizing SQL queries.
- Ability to summarize data effectively for various levels of customers including senior management using dashboards and diagrams.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and security awareness with regard to the information being processed, presented, stored or accessed by the network.
Review and Analyze
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs
- Select among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Ability to effectively summarize and explain the reasoning behind current and future technical issues and solution options regarding current business processes and issues to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to initiate, support and spearhead enhancement initiatives
- Collect and analyze Ops Department resource allocation and utilization data.
- Prepare department Ops Department business planning reports for annual and ongoing business planning needs. Present as needed.
- Assist other departments with business planning data collection, analysis and document preparation as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of business analysis experience required
- Ability to write business requirements documents, business process flows for software systems and business processes and/or program modifications.
- Create and run SQL select queries
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio
- May require evening and weekend work
FIRST - 11 months ago
Accomplished inventor Dean Kamen founded FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) in 1989 to inspire an...