Participates in development of retail locations and events that take place in the process of coordination. Financial capabilities are required to develop and work within budgets for all regional meetings and staffing of stores. Recruitment and ongoing training is required for development and maintenance of staff to fit M·A·C standards. Some planning and coordination of events is required. Territory is North America
Achieve retail sales and shipment objectives for region as established by Senior Management. Direct retail sales teams to ensure objectives are met. Ensure returns and expenditures (in-store, demonstration and T&E) are within regional budget.
Manage/Direct Retail Sales Organization:
Provide direction to the retail sales teams to ensure corporate objectives are communicated and understood. Those objectives include, but are not limited to:
Develop Retail Managers and Artists through regular, quality store visits, regular management meetings and one-on-ones. Establish individual goals and objectives set strategies for growth and evaluate progress on an on-going basis. Assist Regional Director in development of retail sales plans, Demonstration, In-Store and T&E budgets.
- Retail Sales Plan by Door
- Returns Management/Control
- Management/Leadership Ability
- Selling Cost Expense Management
- Budget Management
- Service Expectations
- Events and Training Strategies
- Ensure T&E, Demonstration and In-Store budgets are managed and effectively utilized to maximize ROI.
- Keep staff turnover to a minimum and ensure positions are filled in a timely manner. Recruit and hire exceptional candidates for all positions.
- Maintain effective communication with all departments, including AT&D, Marketing, and Finance. Ensure communication is made daily with every store, either by store visit or by phone.
- Work with Senior Trainer and Training organization to develop skills and reinforce training initiatives at the retail level. Recommend specific training and strategies to address the store/ market needs.
- Responsible for the implementation of international marketing programs for region.
- Recommend to management creative means by which to grow business in a profitable manner.
- Plan and schedule special events as well as providing post-event evaluation.
- Plan and schedule store openings events, marketing and advertising for new openings with partner.
- Responsible for image and presentation of M·A·C in store: merchandising, ordering and installation of collateral for major promotions, employee image.
Responsible for completing and submitting the following reports on a timely basis:
Provide Regional Director with highlights on:
- Weekly forecasts
- Daily sales calendar
- Events recap
- New Store Opining Plans - East
- Quarterly Staffing Update
- The overall achievement of orders vs. budget and/or indicating significant influence that may have impacted major account order flow.
- Retail sales by door vs. plan/last year
- Effectiveness of current marketing/training initiatives
- Major issues impacting marketplace or accounts
Maintain and grow our business partnership with accounts, know and develop good working relationships with Buyers, Cosmetic Department Managers and Store Management.
Meetings should be scheduled with DM's/Buyers twice each season (four times annually).
Responsible for the preparation of meeting materials, i.e. analysis of business STD vs. plan and by door projections for the future season; staffing and inventory analysis, marketing/event calendars with results.
Ensure a management representative attends store department meetings on behalf of M·A·C.
Adhering to and providing the example for M·A·C policies regarding customer service expectations, dress code and M·A·C's professional standards.
MAC Brand experience required.
Bachelor's degree is required. Master's is a plus
Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Recommend 5+ years sales and marketing experience.
Field and/or industry experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Estee Lauder - 17 months ago
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and...