5/10/12 Revised Announcement - Updated skill set requirements. This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time without notice. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit required application materials without delay. |
Multnomah County is seeking a technically experienced individual for the position of SAP Business Analyst Senior Finance and Controlling (FI/CO) with the Department of County Assets (DCA) Information Technology DIvision SAP Applications Team.
Multnomah County’s Information Technology Division is a dynamic organization aligning itself with emerging industry trends. If you embrace change, if you see opportunity in challenges, and you want to use your skills to serve the public, we want you to join our team. This is an exciting time for IT at Multnomah County where we are revolutionizing our technology platform, learning new skills, and figuring out how to leverage IT to improve the efficiency and productivity of local government.
The purpose of this Business Analyst Senior position is primarily to provide configuration support for the SAP FI, CO, FM, PS modules, but may have primary or backup responsibility for other SAP PM, MM, SRM PPS modules. Activities include providing consulting services, providing expert level understanding of SAP configuration, implementing business process solutions, managing projects and providing end-user training.
The position will propose SAP solutions that meet County business process needs based on expert level SAP working knowledge. This includes writing business cases, requirements gathering and completing gap analysis and then researching technical and functional solutions. This position also provides the expertise to resolve end user support issues and includes one-on-one and group training.
This role will coordinate project activities including working with various other groups to design and test reports, interfaces, forms and data conversions. This includes performing the SAP configuration as needed to meet changing business needs.
Experience: This position requires at least five years of increasingly responsible work experience which required expertise in one or more functional areas served by the ERP (SAP) system such as Finance FI/CO/FM/PS; to include three years of experience managing moderately complex projects; including experience interpreting and analyzing information system requirements and developing complex solutions and experience configuring an ERP (SAP) system.
Education and Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with major coursework in business administration, finance, human resource administration, computer science, information systems or a related field.
Other : Ability to pass a criminal background screen.
Advanced knowledge and skills in the following areas:
Upgrade, Maintain, and Enhance SAP
Business intelligence and Business Process Consultation
- Advanced knowledge and skill designing mock-ups of reports or new screen layouts including inputs and outputs.
- Advanced knowledge and skill defining, writing, and executing test strategies and test cases, and testing custom developed applications for two purposes: 1) to validate that requirements were met or programming defects resolved, and 2) for conducting end-user acceptance testing.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with SAP FI and CO modules. Ability to do complex configuration.
- Basic knowledge and skill with SAP Funds Management. Ability to do configuration.
- Intermediate knowledge of Workflow processes, data and modules. Ability to design workflow processes.
- Advanced knowledge and skill of SAP Reporting methods.
- Advanced skill writing business cases, requirements gathering and completing gap analysis and then researching technical and functional solutions for SAP modules.
- Advanced ability to audit and assess validity of data in SAP and recommend SAP system and/or business process changes to improve data integrity.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to research, analyze, apply, and test SAP support packages regularly to assure up-to-date SAP functionality.
- Advanced knowledge and skill analyzing and creating design and programming specifications based on business needs
System, Tools and Methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and skill in business intelligence technologies such as data integration, data quality, data warehousing, master data management, and data analytics.
- Advanced knowledge and skill Providing information used to make business decisions using data mining and querying, reporting, and business analytics.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill of data modeling to transform business data and processes into their appropriate logical application system representation.
- Advanced knowledge and skill of software development lifecycle processes within the SAP environment.
- Advanced knowledge and skill to research, evaluate, implement, and administer third-party software tools to enhance SAP functionality and streamline business processes
- Advanced knowledge and skill identifying the need for new or changed end-user security roles; test roles; clarify role conflicts, and coordinate with Business Process Owners on a strategy to manage conflicts.
Research and Data Analysis
- Advanced knowledge and skill to develop and implement project plans using formal systems development methodology and project tools.
- Advanced skill managing concurrent projects of varying sizes and demonstrated knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and skill creating custom data extracts for SAP FI and CO modules.
- Basic knowledge and skill creating custom data extracts for the SAP Funds Management module.
- Advanced knowledge and skill monitoring and applying regulatory and legal changes that affect business processes and SAP functionality. This includes facilitating analysis of federal and legislative mandates to determine business impacts and determining needed system changes.
- Advanced knowledge and skill providing consulting support to system owners and users requesting technology solutions.
- Advanced knowledge and skill to negotiate with SAP for fixes. This includes monitoring OSS Notes, creating and monitoring OSS Messages.
- Advanced knowledge and skill developing and delivering one on one and group training on SAP modules.
The Application Packet:
A standard Multnomah County Employment Application. Be sure to explain in detail all related work experience. All evidence of meeting minimum qualifications must be demonstrated in the work experience portion of your application. Information in the supplemental questions and/or resumes will not be reviewed for the purposes of screening for minimum qualifications. A resume including all relevant experience and education attached to the application Responses to Supplemental Application questions: respond to each of the questions individually and completely; explain or describe any experience (paid or unpaid) and training related to each item. If you meet the minimum qualifications, the quality and rating of your supplemental questions will determine whether you advance further in the recruitment process.
This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time without notice. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit required application materials without delay.
Multnomah County is an excellent employer who offers:
- Excellent Employee Benefits including health, dental, disability and life insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension after 5 years of vesting
- 6% of Salary Contribution to Retirement Employer paid directly by the County (New hires vest within 6 months of service)
- The ability to maintain a great work/life balance
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting - Occasional
- Limited travel, primarily local
- Little to no over-time
- Training opportunities
- Annual public transit pass
Multnomah County, OR - 10 months ago