Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Location: Portland, OR, US
Job ID: 847742-120527
Division: Devices and Studios Engineering
Perceptive Pixel is now part of the Microsoft Office team and we are very excited to expand our state of the art multi-touch, large area displays into many new markets. By combining the no-compromise performance of our touch displays with the power of Windows 8 and the suite of Microsoft Office products, we offer a fully optimized user experience for conference room, group collaboration, public spaces, or wherever a large, interactive display is needed. As we grow, we are looking for experienced professionals to be part of the team that started it all with large area multi-touch displays and help realize the future.
As a successful candidate, you will be a contributor to system-level and sub-system mechanical designs through fast-paced product development cycles. A strong mix of technical breadth and vision allow you to work cross-functionally to tie electronics, optics, software and mechanical assemblies into compelling consumer experiences. You are highly motivated and enjoy bringing technical and tactical leadership to cross-disciplinary teams.
Your work experience includes a minimum of 10 years of mechanical product design, with at least 7 years in the area of consumer electronics. This includes designing parts for a wide variety of high volume manufacturing processes such as injection molding, die casting, stamping/forming and machining. A track record of innovation and experience in selecting material and components to achieve cost targets is desired. The establishment of specifications and written test plans, including the development of test procedures to verify your mechanical designs are integral to the position.
Additional responsibilities include project management of outside development partners, mechanical support for production qualification and ongoing process enhancements through part and process consolidation, technology integration, component price negotiations, injection mold and metal stamping tool qualification. Experience in opto-mechanical and thermal design is preferred.
Excellent communication skill is required and international travel to support design and manufacturing activities is required.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree or experience level
- Ten years of mechanical product development experience, with at least seven years designing mechanical systems for high-volume consumer electronic devices,
- Extensive experience designing complex assemblies of injection molded and sheet metal parts for high volume manufacture. Experience with mechanisms preferred.
- Direct and extensive experience in a wide range of manufacturing processes, materials, and finishes (minimum: injection molding, sheet metal forming, forms of prototyping)
- In-depth knowledge of thermal analysis, structural finite element analysis, and mechanical tolerance analysis
- Understanding of and experience with PCBA mechanical interface definition.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating with cross functional groups including manufacturing, test, reliability, quality, ID, and compliance.
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations.
- Project experience (using internal or external contract design resources) on at least two consumer electronics products that successfully reached volume production. Proven ability to deliver projects on-time and adherence to deadlines
- Expert know-how with a common engineering CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo, Pro/Engineer, CoCreate, or equivalent).
Microsoft - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...