Works under general supervision and is responsible for the daily operation of the larvicide operations.
EEOC CODE: 20
Minimum Qualifications 1. Two (2) year's work experience in Community Sanitation or Environmental Health; and
2. Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical/Natural Science, Sanitary Sciences, or closely related field; or
3. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.) Special Requirements 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one as of date of employment.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements of automobile insurance as of date of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Reviews daily larvicide inspection treatment records.
2. Enters data, processes data and generates reports and graphs of employees’ and crew’s work efforts.
3. Adjusts larvicide itineraries weekly to reduce unnecessary inspections of dry sites during periods without rain.
4. Reviews, document and evaluates larval identifications of field staff and their selection of larvicide applied to each site.
5. Reviews and summarizes “visual monitoring” of non-target organisms by field staff.
6. Conducts investigations into and reports on applications of pesticide generating “adverse effects” on non-target organisms.
7. Evaluates the efficacy of applications of insecticide.
8. Conducts field and laboratory efficacy tests.
9. Conducts field evaluations of ditch cleaning activities.
10. Conducts vegetative analysis of larval habitats.
11. Calculates and summarizes ditch cleaning and trash removal efforts.
12. Maintains inventory and reports on pesticides.
13. Generates weekly, monthly, annual and special reports.
14. Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of biological sciences.
2. Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office.
3. Possess good organizational skills.
4. Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with the public, co-workers, public officials and other agencies.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions. Work Location 2480 Central Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38104 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...