Category Development Manager
Consumer Products Sales
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hormel Foods Corporation has an opportunity for Category Development Manager in our Consumer Products Sales division in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Hormel Foods is a $8.2 Billion Fortune 500 corporation established in 1891; a multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer-branded food products exporting over 1600 products to more than 50 countries. We are built on traditions of brand strength, quality, innovation, and value, while taking advantage of new trends in technology.
As a Category Development Manager, you will be responsible for Strategic category advisor work for Target in optimizing their category growth and share of market.
The person in this position:
- Will be highly engaged with the Category Management and Business Planning Process within the customer's merchandising teams. This position will be equally focused on three business segments; Fresh Pork/Fresh Beef/, MP and GP, working with the CPS sales teams to recognize, develop and exploit business opportunities while maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of customer internal information.
- Will be the leader in Targets Plan-O-Gram development for all the categories where we are the leader or captain, requiring knowledge of store design and POG development tools.
- Provides leadership in the strategic development of category driven business insights for each of the store types (Super Target, P-Fresh, etc) that are part of the Target sales team model as well as with the corporate marketing and category management team using a variety of information sources, and is primarily accountable for shopper insights driven from Targets Partners On Line (POL) system, shopper insights group and POS data and analysis.
- Develops, interprets and Builds recommendations using shopper insights (using POL data as well as custom research), syndicated information (i.e. Nielsen, SPECTRA, TDLinx, Perishables Group, etc.) and internal data for business analytics used to develop; sales, display, shelving and merchandising plans for the Categories and Brands that we choose to focus on with Super Target market by market. Includes analyzing the return on investment and effectiveness of current strategies and tactics.
- Is involved and/or leads customer meetings where category and shopper insight expertise can be used to help reinforce the content of the meeting.
- Works alongside Customer Trade Marketing Manager in optimizing the analytical tools at our disposal as well as Siebel and Demantra in promotional planning and analysis. From this information provides long-term strategic category based selling recommendations to drive the both the category and Hormel's brands. Building integrated plans and conceptual selling presentations that sell the value of HFC's brand and categories in the context of customer objectives, needs, and strategies.
- Monitors, evaluates and provides reports to the sales team on the results of our brands and the category, using a variety of syndicated data, internal data and consumer insights to track and analyze distribution, merchandising, sales trends, rankings, forecasts by brand, and promotional opportunities.
- Facilitates and drives POL, Super Target's business insight tool. Key focus around assortment, new product launch, promotion effectiveness, consumer trends and behavior.
- Is main administrator of the analytical tools which involves training sales and marketing/Precept teams along with continuous updates within the scorecards and database. Will be the direct link for Hormel marketing teams in delivering key insights and trends around pricing, promotion and marketing insights that will result in profitable business decisions for Hormel & Super Target.
- Identifies and communicates shopper insights to develop strategies that will deliver category and brand growth based upon customer objectives. In addition to pure category management work, the Super Target analytics team supports the sales force needs for fact based analysis in planning and sales strategy.
- Is the key point of contact for analysis of shopper data used to develop insights for Super Target category development and Hormel category shopper insights.
- Provides category management process and analytical training to key sales personnel. Helps teach each Super Target team member how to pull and interpret the data to show different ideas necessary to drive positive decisions for our brands.
- A bachelor's degree
- A record of successful category management and business advisory experience
- Strategic Advisor Category Management Association Certification is a plus
- A pattern of initiative.
- Strong skills using technical tools such as Excel, Access, XP-3, Pro-Space, etc.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to take the lead in a team environment on a variety of complex projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational skills and analytical skills.
- Proficient in working with Customer Point of Sale (IR and POL) information.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed presentation skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have a valid work visa.
Office in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
Travel may be necessary 25% of the time.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at:
Hormel Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The maker of such thrifty pantry staples as Spam lunch meat and Dinty Moore stew has turned sophisticated. In addition to canned meats,...