- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist network administrator with application installation and testing.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
18+ Years with HS or 14+ Years with AA or 12+ Years with BS or 10+ Years with MS or 7+ Years with PhD Required Experience:
DHS Knowledge or Experience
- Participate in weekly meetings with the IT network team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the CIO. * Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects. * Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues. * Good communication skills & team player. * Good verbal and written communication skills. * Able to self-manage time, prioritize tasks, provide estimates of how much time is needed to complete own tasks, set own deadlines, and deliver tasks on time Preferred Skills:
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...