General Description: Ironworkers install iron girders and columns to construct buildings and other structures. It is a physically demanding job, and workers must be comfortable with great heights. Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blue prints. Uses basic math skills including geometry, trigonometry to make calculations for work. Can complete difficult job tasks according to job specifications with minimal or no supervision.
• Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blueprints to gain understanding of work to be done.
• Selects type and size of materials needed for each job.
• Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions which will affect structural stability.
• Advanced rigging and material handling skills.
• Rigs, directs lifts and stages material, parts and equipment.
• Fits and erects structural steel members according to specifications and drawings.
• Follows ALL safety precautions when climbing or working from elevated heights.
• Burns and cuts with Oxy Fuel torch to close part tolerance with minimal grinding clean up.
• Welds structural steel members.
4 Years Ironworker experience + Pass NCCER Assessment in craft + Presently "A" class + Complete Hands On List
Pala Group, L.L.C - 17 months ago
Pala is dedicated to providing the highest standards in construction services for leading energy, process, and manufacturing firms in the...