JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the day to day operation of assigned branch(es) of Western States Truck Centers (WSTC). The Branch Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling all activities of the branch to meet growth and profit goals including the growth and development of employees in accordance with Western States’ strategy, core values, and delivery of our brand promise to our customers. This position will ensure the continued growth of assigned customer base and financial performance through the alignment of systems, people and processes.
- Supervises employees. Performs annual performance review and determines compensation increases. Administers discipline; authority to hire and terminate employees.
- Coaches and advises employees as needed to ensure positive employee and customer relations.
- Manages annual budget. Updates and revises budget yearly in accordance with company guidelines. Manages expenses.
- Oversees daily performance of branch to include Sales, Service, and Parts.
- Develops and grows WSTC’s position in the markets it serves. Ensures branch growth and profitability.
- Establishes and maintains satisfactory customer relations by servicing accounts in a timely manner, resolving complaints and communicating with customers, International and others. Works with employees to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with International and Western States Equipment Company.
- Help develop and maintain a branch strategy that assures there is enough staffing to meet external and internal needs. Oversees the training, education, and development of branch employees in conjunction with department supervisors.
- Understands and ensures compliance with all International and vendor policies and warranty procedures.
- Ensures branch is in compliance with local, state and federal governmental regulations.
- Prepares periodic reports regarding the branch’s activities and progress.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. College Degree highly desired in Business Administration or a related field. At least 5 years of progressive experience in managing functions and departments within a truck dealership with three or more years of direct involvement of all phases of operations (sales, service, and parts).
Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products, Karmak or other comparable systems required. Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building. Performs all duties in alignment with Western States mission and vision statements. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public. Must be a self starter and able to work without supervision. Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting. Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Western States is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western States Equipment - 2 years ago