This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and ply your craft in a creative, conscious, and diversified culture.
As a Senior Staff Engineer-Brass Casting Process, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Responsible for the strategy, implementation, standardization and maintenance of "best practice" Brass manufacturing processes in the Global Faucet network of plants. This includes corresponding manufacturing engineering business processes. Ensures that there is consistency in the way the Brass process is engineered, documented and sustained in the network. Works closely with Advance Materials & Process Development (AMPD) and New Product & Process Integration (NPPI) to ensure new Brass processes and products can be industrialized globally to achieve safety, quality and time to market objectives as well as target costs. Partners with the plants Operations Engineering Managers and Teams to achieve standardization of Brass processing best practices and receive new ideas for globalization.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY:
SKILL PREFERENCES - HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
- Bachelors degree in engineering required.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of Brass process engineering experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment where quality, innovation, and time-to-market are priorities.
- Travel requirements - approximate 20% (global and domestic)
As the global Senior Staff Engineer-Brass Casting Process, provide the technical leadership and coordination in the following:
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Build the global strategy for Brass manufacturing that provides the best balance of quality, delivery and cost. Own and implement the strategy achieving standardized Brass casting processes and ensure availability of process information through the Business Enterprise System.
- Engage at D0-D5 New Product Development gates with the regional NPD Groups to achieve Margin, Time To Market (TTM) & Performance Targets at Launch and Maintain Margin and Performance Throughout the Life Cycle.
- Participate in Design Engineering reviews providing "Design for Manufacture and Assembly" input as it replates to Brass componentry and assemblies.
- Recommend Component and Product Rationalization based upon process limitations.
- Ensure equipment and process readiness prior to kick off of a project.
- Ensure Brass processes are Capable, Ready and Proven Prior to New Product Launches.
- Provide capacity planning, capital equipment recommendations and implementation partnership with the plant Operations Engineering teams.
- Remain up-to-date on Brass manufacturing best practices and recommend new approaches and tools.
- In Partnership with the Advance Materials and Process Development group, deploy leading technological advancements to achieve cost and quality leadership for both internal and supplier processes as they relate to Brass processing.
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at company website .
Since 1873, our life's work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading edge Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents - a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate. As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you're ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at kohler.jobs. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kohler - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products -- from...