Safeway's Denver Division (CO,WY,SD,NE and NM) Human Resources Department has an opening for an Employment Representative. The selected candidate will be assigned multiple retail facilities; with at least 80% of work taking place in those retail facilities. The successful candidate will be assigned to District 63, which includes stores in Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent business experience.
- Management experience a plus (grocery/retail preferred).
- 1 to 3 years interviewing and hiring experience and/or in-store operations. Experience with online application, recruitment and hiring programs preferred.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Email.
- Ability to work independently while handling multiple client groups and projects.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details in order of changing priorities.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent phone and people skills.
- Transportation is required. Extensive day travel required.
- Successful candidates must provide proof of a valid driver's license and adequate information to confirm that your driving record is in compliance with Safeway's expectations noted in our Company Car Program.
- Internal Candidates - Successful HR File Review, including acceptable service scores and performance appraisals.
Interested candidates must apply online at www.Safeway.com/careers.
- Coordinate with Store Managers, District Managers and Marketing Groups to meet employment needs.
- Staffing to include recruiting, interviewing and hiring functions.
- Schedule interview times and locations, including planning and conducting open interview sessions.
- Track employees from job offer to "onboarding".
- Complete employment paperwork ("new hire set-up").
- Track Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).
- Strong accountability for all measurements related to hiring functions; i.e. turnover and diversity.
- Special projects, i.e. managing new and remodeled store employment openings.
- Work with community organizations, job shadows, mock interviews, job fairs, school presentations, etc.
- Assist in the Management Development Selection Process (MDSP) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...