Chronotrack Systems is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to help advance our growing product line. Our platform runs entirely on Amazon AWS platform (EC2, RDS, etc...). We have a polyglot shop (java, scala, python, ruby, php, c, c++). The qualified person will have experience working and deploying applications at high scale. The person would also have experience and understanding of distributed system architectures including but not limited to message queues, RDBMS sharding/partitioning, distributed data stores (key/value and others) and various other technologies and architectures.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a stimulating work environment. Great development setup with a Macbook Pro and anything else that will make you more productive. We encourage and subsidize conference participation and continuing education. We love open-source, both using and supporting. We believe in fostering a workplace where team members can be productive and happy.
We have two development locations, Detroit Michigan and Washington D.C. We prefer someone to be close to these locations, but telecommute is also a possibility for the right candidate.
Skills & Requirements
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, etc...)
- NoSql (some familiarity with NoSql databases). We use Redis and DynamoDB for various requirements and evaluating MongoDB, Cassandra, and Riak (and possibly others as needed).
- Java, Scala, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Message Queues (We extensively utilize RabbitMQ and are looking at Kafka for some requirements)
- PHP Zend (our frontend servers are PHP Zend)
- JVM (Our backend runs on top of the JVM with software written in Scala and Java)
- Python powers some of our backend distributed workers (and we're doing more and more prototyping with Python).
About ChronoTrack Systems
ChronoTrack's mission is to enhance the experience of athletes and organizers of endurance events, like marathons, triathlons and mud-runs. Chronotrack currently supplies services and equipment to the world's top endurance events like the New York Marathon, the Paris Marathon, and hundreds of others.
joelonsoftware - 2 years ago