SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Web Designer for the E-Commerce department. The Web Designer will assist in all areas of design for WBshop.com and five additional related online shops for the eCommerce group. Work will consist mostly of creating HTML emails and on-site promotional touts, and will also include preparing product images, third-party ad banners, page redesigns, and full site redesigns.
- Create HTML emails from conception to design to final HTML coding.
- Update various websites by modifying, deleting, or adding promotional content and pages.
- Create compelling ad banners for third-party use based on provided design specs and on own without any specific design specs.
- Work with Fireworks & Photoshop comps to create HTML pages and page sections according to contemporary web standards, using a combination of Dreamweaver and hand-coding.
- Work closely with our other designers and the marketing and merchandising teams to deliver compelling creative across all of our online shops.
- Photograph products such as apparel, toys, and jewelry in a compact photo studio, clean up and optimize the images, and upload them to the FTP server.
- Assist in continual redesigning of key pages of all our online shops, from conception, to wire frames, to finished pages.
- Make product videos using a combination of screen capture software, videography, and Final Cut Pro.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of Web design experience, including creating product images, ad banners, Flash units, and cutting up Fireworks & Photoshop comps into HTML pages.
- Previous experience designing a complex web site from start to finish. Design of an online shop a plus.
- Ability to produce exceptional design work.
- Thorough knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro, and other leading design & development packages. Experience with Flash, Fireworks, and Illustrator a plus.
- Extensive experience and full knowledge of image optimization for web site use, to create the smallest possible high-quality images.
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and general design.
- Extensive experience with digital photography plus some exposure to videography.
- Willingness to take direction and to work as part of a team, and to take direction and work through a number of revisions in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously, to be a self starter and get the job done without a great deal of direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to flourish under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Thorough knowledge of Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations...