HPC Fabric Software Engineer
The Intel Fabric Software development team is looking for a software development engineer to work in our King of Prussia design center to facilitate the delivery of the next generation Intel Fabric products for High Performance Computing (HPC). HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
The King of Prussia design center is focused around the Fabric Management and IO stack needs of large scale HPC and datacenter Fabrics. This includes configuring routing, QOS, congestion control and security for all ports and switches in the fabric. It also includes the development of IO protocols, IO stacks and APIs. Given the sizes of HPC fabrics and the performance requirements, there are many unique challenges to solve.
Significant work items will be occurring in a number of areas:
- Design efficient routing algorithms - HPC customers are very performance sensitive and there is a constant need to design, implement and support routing algorithms for a variety of complex network designs
- Scalability - our goal is to continuously improve performance and scalability when supporting large node count fabrics with requirements to initialize them in real time and react to fabric changes in less than a few seconds.
- Advanced features - This will include continued enhancements in the areas of advanced routing, and features such as Virtual Fabrics, Security and QoS
- Design efficient APIs and algorithms - HPC customers are very performance sensitive and there is a constant need to design, implement and support low latency high bandwidth mechanisms.
Job Description: Performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. These positions develop software applications for external customers.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- 2+ years experience in C coding
- Work authorization in the United States and does not require sponsorship
The following areas of experience are desirable:
- Experience with software development in Linux
- A strong understanding of scalable algorithms
- Experience with bash, perl and TCL scripting languages
- Ability to use protocol analyzers and debug multi-threaded and/or asynchronous communications problems.
- Ability to read and understand Linux user and kernel level code
- Experience with XML
- Understanding of network protocols, routing, QOS and reliability
- Experience with low latency networks, such as InfiniBand and iWARP
Jun 1, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...