Currently, the Office of the CIO is undertaking a multi-year upgrade project for the Human Resources (HR/Payroll) and Campus Solutions (Student Information System) modules within PeopleSoft. Position is part of team of developers responsible for developing automated batch scripts and programs for this large scale project.
Successful candidate should be able to perform the below duties with moderate supervision and guidance.
While the position will be largely devoted to the PeopleSoft upgrade in the immediate future, successful candidates will find a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth and exposure to various PeopleSoft applications and exciting new projects.
- Analyze current automated batch processes and scripts supporting the HR and Campus Solution modules and design changes to meet project requirements
- Develop programming specifications in consultation with Specialists on the team
- Code and Unit test automated batch flow changes.
- Work with QA and user groups to troubleshoot issues during testing phase
- May coordinate the work of 1-2 junior developers
- Provide post implementation support
Modifies complex applications programs from detailed specifications under general supervision. Writes functional requirements, develops test plans, and works with production issues. Prepares detailed specification from which programs will be written. Designs codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains secure programs. Provides rotating on-call and production system support. Provides rotating on-call and production system support.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer and information science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in programming and systems analysis.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures; experience implementing security best practices in an organization’s SDLC process.
- Experience in one or more of the following: SQL , SQR , PeopleSoft, batch development, UNIX / LINUX shell scripting, Perl, AutoSys or other automated batch scheduling tool.
Following skills are highly desired but not required.
- Experience conducting peer secure source code reviews, identifying system vulnerabilities and providing countermeasures to reduce risk.
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 vulnerabilities.
The Ohio State University - 23 months ago
Keeping an eye on Buckeye Staters' education is The Ohio State University (OSU). The school has an enrollment of about 64,000 students...