Essential Job Functions
- 7 to 8 years experience in support of MS Windows Server 200x/2008 R2 and VMware.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2008/2008 R2 and VMware server installation, configuration and troubleshooting, Active Directory, GPO, MS IIS server MS Exchange Server 2010, WSUS, Vulnerability Testing Software, SANS, Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate desktops/workstations, MS Office 2007/2010 Professional, TCPIP, IE, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Norton Ghost, HP printers.
- Knowledge of HP server hardware and software, Data Domain, Backup and recovery using CA Brightstor, Citrix (Xendesk, Xenapps), Disaster Recovery Planning & Testing, Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience with UNIX Servers, Apache Tomcat, WEBFOCUS, Rational, Nessus, Saint, LANDesk Service Desk, LANDESK Management Suite, WhatUpGold Suite, PASSME, Credant, Pinecone, Zenprise, support of Android devices for remote access and Macintosh are a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Good ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Familiarity working under a Change Management/Change Control structured environment.
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work for system maitenance activities.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good ability to lead and work as part of a team
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...