WellStar Home Health is a leading provider of home health nursing and we raise the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. Our culture fosters innovation, clinical excellence and integrity.
But we’re also so much more:
A fiscally sound, leading not-for-profit system which is home to state-of-the-art medical technology and knowledge as we continue to rank as the employer of choice and provider of choice for a world-class family of healthcare professionals.
A huge factor in our success is the inquisitive, striving nature of our people. At WellStar, we never stop searching for new, better and more effective ways to bring quality care to our patients, and exceptional opportunities to our employees.
WellStar is confident that you will have a rewarding career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of an experienced team as well as competitive pay, great benefits and flexible scheduling options to fit your lifestyle. If world class service is important to you, then we want you! You'll feel right at home!!
The Licensed Practical Nurse works within the LPN Scope of Practice to assist clients with medical/surgical needs and:
The LPN provides direct patient care to clients with medical/surgical needs and is responsible for age appropriate interventions for the patient including physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs of the patient/family. The staff LPN is responsible for coordination and delivery of high quality care. The staff LPN participates in the team call rotation and weekend visits, as needed. The staff LPN acts as a preceptor for new employees and nursing students, as appropriate. The staff nurse is responsible for attending and participating in inservices, staff meetings, special projects and continuing education.
- Assesses and assists with managing patient’s total needs following physician orders with RN oversight and utilization of the nursing process.
- Coordinates care and services with case manager and other team members.
- Informs RN of changes in patient’s condition, as appropriate.
- Appropriately schedules and adjusts frequency of visits as status indicates per physician orders.
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate application of regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates accurate and timely completion of required documentation.
- Develops and revises individual plan of care based on patient need and physician order.
- Performs routine job duties and responsibilities and seeks guidance when appropriate.
- Responsible for continuing education and inservice activities.
- Responsible to attend team conferences.
Required Minimum Education: Graduate of accredited school of Practical Nursing
Licensure Requirements: Current Georgia license in good standing
Required Minimum Experience: Minimum one year in medical/surgical setting. Excellent clinical skills. Home health experience preferred but not required if meeting first requirement.
Required Skills: Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills. Strong assessment and clinical skills. Strong communication (written and verbal) skills. Ability to write and follow directions to patient’s homes. CPR required.
Field Demands: Travel to and from patient’s homes in inclement weather. Home may be unkempt or structurally unsound. Moderate amount of writing and/or typing required. Lifting (under 100 pounds), stooping, standing, and manual dexterity required. Possible exposure to blood and body fluids, hospital grade cleaning solutions, flammable solutions and latex may occur.
Office/Documentation Demands: Excessive use of computer keyboard, time spent viewing screen and time on telephone.
Thank you for your interest in WellStar!
We believe in letting talent shine through!
With WellStar in your corner, you won't need to wish upon a star for good health and wellness. The not-for-profit WellStar Health...