HR Business Partner / Manager
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company’s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. Programming in the U.S. is distributed on The Hub TV Network, a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” Learn more at www.hasbro.com.
© 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
HR Business Partner / Manager
As a strategic partner, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) / Manager aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP / Manager serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. The successful HRBP / Manager will act as an employee champion and change agent as well as assess and anticipate HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with the HR department and business management, the HRBP / Manager seeks to develop integrated solutions and formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP / Manager may include international Human Resource responsibilities. The HRBP / Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, mid-range plans, iculture and competition.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain indepth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, human resources, psychology, sociology, or marketing. A MBA/master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of the resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Relevant industry and marketing experience in a global matrix organization a plus.
- Professional certifications a plus (SPHR, GPHR, etc.).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Work in environment with international objectives.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
J2W Posting Code: Corporate Business Services
Business Unit: Corporate
Hasbro Inc. - 15 months ago
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...