U.S. Naval Hospital Guam
Agana Heights, Guam
High profile opportunity for Mechanical Engineering professionals!
J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. (JMWA®) offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services to government and commercial clients across the U.S. and around the world. We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
Mechanical Engineer with HVAC/Commissioning/Re-commissioning and energy program experience to support the Guam Naval Hospital Replacement project .
1. Review, analyze and submit a written position on all mechanical coded requests for information (RFI). The position should be based on the contract document, RFI responses, and customer feedback. The review, analysis and comment period may not exceed 3 working days from the receipt of the RFI unless approved by the government. Estimated number of RFI’s is 20 per month.
2. Review, analyze and submit a written position on all mechanical coded submittals. The position should be based on the contract document, RFI responses and customer feedback. The review, analysis and comment period may not exceed 7 working days from the receipt of the submittal unless approved by the government. Estimated number of submittals is 5 per month.
3. Provide a written report on the quality of construction installed related to each mechanical definable features of work and recommended COAs. The report shall be based on the contract documents, approved submittals and RFI responses. The report shall be submitted at a minimum monthly or as required for complex DFOWs that require separate reports.
4. Review, analyze and submit a written position on the project commissioning plans. This review shall identify specific high risk elements to the government and make specific actionable recommendations based on the available personnel and funding constraints.
5. Develop a plan to provide quality assurance on the contractor’s commissioning process. Develop a plan of actions and milestones that to ensure a successful commissioning. Applicable standards to be included in the QA plan and POA&M shall be drawn from contract documents, approved submittals, and RFI responses.
6 . Review energy related projects for adequacy of meeting DOD energy reduction goals established by Executive Order. Analyze proposed mechanical projects to determine payback period in order to make sound decisions regarding investment-grade energy reduction projects .
1 . Graduate of an accredited 4 year degree program in Mechanical Engineering.
2 . Minimum of 5 years Construction Management experience performing tasks identified herein.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
4· Fully knowledgeable of all safety and environmental requirements.
5. Energy auditing experience.
6. Energy program management experience preferred.
7· HVAC/Commissioning experience required.
8. Hospital experience preferred
9· Complete the 30 hour OSHA
10. Within 3 months, complete the 40 hour NAVFAC Construction Hazard Awareness Course and the Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors training course.
11. Must be well versed in the use and application of Microsoft Word and Excel and Primavera Scheduling Software.
12. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports and in briefing management personnel.
13. Experience in developing and maintaining complex, long term, multi-year program construction management activities, including submittal and RFI processing.
14. Experience and familiarity with Federal building projects design codes (UFGs) and construction techniques.
15. Knowledge of construction practices and techniques, e.g., proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation.
16. Ability to accurately calculate construction costs for changes, price the value of needed work, and negotiate equitable adjustments.
17. Ability to monitor the preparation of as-built activities of contractors to ensure that those documents are being prepared on an on-going basis. Review contractor submissions of as-built drawings for completeness and accuracy and advice in writing the appropriate Government personnel as to the acceptability of such submissions.
18. Ability to identify critical and long lead-time materials and recommend procurement strategies to prevent negative impact on quality, cost, and schedule.
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
J.M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB
Monster - 23 months ago